Your Love is a Symphony

Well today was exciting!!  We're holding steady at 3lbs 14oz again today.  We had a few family members come again to see little Sarah.  Jim and I went in first to check on her and I needed to pump before everyone got too settled in.  As we walked in the nurse told us the exciting news that Sarah was in CLOTHES!  And that they had turned down her heat in the isolette and they weren't having to use the temperature probe on her at all.

She was doing incredibly well with her outfit on and seemed quite happy being bundled up.  We are so proud of our little girl making this step.  It was so funny, because just yesterday I was thinking to myself that she was probably getting close to the clothing stage, and that I should probably take an outfit or two with me.  The nurse yesterday said that it would still be a while before we could try clothes but...  this morning today's nurse took a peek in a bag I had by the bedside that had a sleeper right on top, so she surprised us with it!  Yay!!  I'm SO SO excited!  She's really starting to look like a normal newborn baby. (picture me with the biggest grin you've seen in a long time!)

Jim got to bottle feed her last night and this afternoon.  Tonight we go back to try nursing again.  Please, please continue to pray with us that she starts picking up on feeding soon.  She's still only eating 2-5mls at only two times a day.  She won't be able to go home until she's eating a full meal every meal time.  That's 35mls (currently) at eight times a day!  That seems so very far away...

My faith continues to grow and deepen every day throughout this journey and I am just bursting with hope.  The future is looking pretty bright.  I hope that our story in some way encourages you of the richness and fullness of God's love and His provision.  I love each and every one of you.



Comments