Happy! Spring has Sprung!

Spring is finally HERE! I am so HAPPY!  Monday we reached a high of 80.  That's EIGHTY degrees.  I knew it was going to be a beautiful day, but boy the van was actually HOT when I got in that afternoon.  Glory.

For weeks now I have been wanting to create a Spring themed wreath.  I have never actually had a spring wreath, and my empty hook on the front door has been begging for something since the Christmas wreath disappeared in early January.  Unfortunately when you have a tight budget, things like decor take a back seat to pesky things like bills and food.

This week, I FINALLY decided to make a wreath, and I'm super happy with out it turned out.  This project took me about $10 for the materials and less than 5 minutes to assemble.  How easy is that??  Here's a list of supplies and instructions if you want to make one yourself.



Supplies (all from Hobby Lobby, make sure you go when floral stems are 50% off)
1 Natural Grapevine Wreath - $2.40 (Normally $3.99 - I used my 40% off coupon)
2 sprigs of small pink flowers - one of each color - $3.99  ($1.99 each)
3 sprigs of the small white hydrangea blooms -  $4.48 ($1.49 each)
Total: $10.87 pre-tax

I used wire cutters to separate each stem of the small flowers and just tucked them into the wreath.  The grapevine wreath is great at holding on to floral stems.  You can bend the stems a little if you need to get it to stay.  The hydrangea blooms, I trimmed the stems down to about 3-4" in length and removed the leaves.  I pushed the stems straight through the wreath form and then bent the ends back around into the wreath form to secure.

That's it!  No glue, no wire, no nothin'!  Just some flowers and a wreath form.  (And something to trim the wire stems.  I use a command hook for hanging for a cleaner look.

Happy crafting!  Hope you have a warm, bloom filled spring!

 

Comments