The Love of God

 Wow, this little space sure has been abandoned for some time. I tend to come here when I'm feeling sentimental and want to make sure I don't forget some of the things we are walking through. I so wish I had starting blogging back in March when quarantine started, but I don't think my heart was in a space to process what was happening.

Parenting has certainly been a rollercoaster ride that I was not quite prepared for. My desire to make the best possible decisions for our children and our family sometimes is so overwhelming in a world where there don't seem to be any "right" choices. 

We are 5 days into our homeschool journey and I'm not even sure where to start with where my head is at. In some ways, it seems a lot easier than I expected. We get school done first thing in the morning and play, run errands, clean and I work the rest of the day. 

I love that we get to work in our faith into our school work. Sarah's copy work this morning was writing down 1 John 4:7 - "Beloved, let us love one another, for love is from God..." We have a key truth we focus on each week. This week is God is love. In a season where I feel more disconnected from my faith than ever, being reminded these simple truths and relearning the foundations of our faith has been life giving. 

Now, just because it has its ups, doesn't mean that there aren't downsides as well...  The kids definitely have their share of conflicts that wear on me. We have had to navigate extroverts and introverts cohabitating 24/7. We've had to mourn the loss of the abundance of friends that public school brings. We've had to adjust to running errands like masked three amigos instead of me accomplishing some of these things while they are in school. I've had to figure out how to be wife and mom and employee and teacher and so many more things. It's a balance that I'm sure will be constantly in flux. 

This morning, we did a hymn study on the hymn below, The Love of God... As I reflect, I am thankful for the love and grace and mercy that we are offered. May I be able to reflect that back to my children and teach them well. 


The love of God is greater far
Than tongue or pen can ever tell
It goes beyond the highest star
And reaches to the lowest hell
The guilty pair, bowed down with care
God gave His Son to win
His erring child He reconciled 
And pardoned from his sin

 



Comments