Down to the River to Pray

So... Elkhorn Creek isn't quite a river... but it was close enough. (Side note: What constitutes a Creek vs. a River? I should look that up one day...)

Anywho - Today was restful, relaxing, and renewing. The sky was clear blue without a cloud in sight and the breeze was the perfect temperature.

It was a great time for Jim and I to get away from the world and to recharge, take in God's creation, and pray. As I paddled, I found myself thanking God for His beautiful creation and letting all the weight fall off my shoulders.

I highly encourage you to take some time to get away from the busy world, turn off the cell phone for an afternoon and just BE in His creation. There is something so simple and powerful in those moments.

Where do you find the greatest sense of His presence and beauty?

Comments