Beautiful Things

We finally made it to our due date!  I must say, yesterday was a little rough on me, but we did  make it through!  It was our first time having to leave Sarah with a babysitter.  I'm sure it's always rough leaving your child for the first time - but my baby's less than 6lbs (we think!).  She's still so tiny and helpless.  She did great though, and I'm so proud of her.

I officially started back to work full time this week.  I haven't talked much about our plans for the fall until it got here just in case something changed, but I am so very thankful for the fine folks at Nashville Ballet and working with me as we continue to transition.  Prior to my maternity leave, we were planning for me to be working full time during the days instead of the nights and weekends I was working.  This was going to allow me more time with Jim and Sarah together as a family.  We were SO excited, despite the need for full time daycare.

In the midst of my recovery from surgery and our NICU time, the Brentwood office gal gave her two weeks and it prompted discussions of what if I moved down there to make it a little easier on me travel wise (It's at least about 15 minutes closer to my house than I was before) and then I would also be back to working evenings and weekends, but it would be a lot less time required in the evenings than at the main campus.  The rest of the time, I'll be mostly working from home, and spending one day a week up at our main campus in the office.  This means that Sarah only needs someone to watch her one day a week!  The rest of the time she can hang out with me while I'm working from home!  I'll be continuing a lot of my communications tasks, database maintenance and quality control tasks, and switching some of my customer service tasks to our Brentwood campus.  I'll also still be the staff contact for our youth casts for our productions and working closely with Nashville's Nutcracker - which is seriously one of the BEST parts of my job.  :)

This has been a serious answer to prayer.  I have always wanted to be a stay at home mom with my kids.  I never felt comfortable with someone else raising my children and me just feeding them and putting them into bed at night.  Honestly, if that's what you have to do, you do it.  We were totally planning on it and prepared for it.  Though, I had been praying for a way to be able to be at home with her - and honestly I couldn't see how that was going to be possible as we completely need both full time incomes to make it.

This transition into work-from-home/evenings and short Saturdays has been the 100% ideal situation to make it all balance and work!  A complete answer to prayer.  I also think it's worth mentioning that today is my 1 year anniversary at Nashville Ballet as a staffer, and I am so excited about what this next year has to hold.  (They haven't paid me anything to brag about them, I promise!  They really are just that great.)

In other news, we're having family come in this weekend for Sarah's baby dedication at church.  We are incredibly excited to be sharing Sarah with our church family and to make the very public statement that we want to raise her to be living for Jesus Christ.  Unfortunately not all our family can make it due to the distance, but we are very lucky to have most of the mine and Jim's grandparents, our parents, siblings, and also my great-grandmother with us.  We are so fortunate to introduce Sarah to her great-great-grandmother!  Be looking for pictures and updates after this weekend.  It's sure to be a special time!  If you would like to be a part of it, but can't be there our church does stream their services online. You can go to  www.fulllifeag.com for the streaming video on Sunday.  Our service starts at 10 a.m. central time.

The two weekends after that will be filled with additional family coming from quite a distance to meet Sarah.  We are thrilled to share her.  Hopefully soon we'll be able to start to travel a little with her as our schedules allow!

8/7/12: I'm a full term baby now!!

Comments

  1. I had my little girl on July 24, and she was due this Sunday, Aug. 12. She was 5lbs 9oz, so not as little as Sarah was, but tiny too. We are having her baptized this weekend as well, it's such a special occasion and I hope Sarah's dedication is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment