Imagine

Dreams are a funny thing. We have been in an in-between season for quite a while now.  Ever since I became a stay at home mom in May 2015, I feel like I've been asking myself what I did or what value I had now that I wasn't contributing much financially to the family. I felt like I wasn't able to dream or plan or achieve.

Back in April 2016 I had a "what if" idea... One of those ideas that seem way too crazy to even start. I put it on the back burner. In June again it came to mind, and this time had a little further definition. But again... it felt way too big for my little self. Back on the burner it went.

Lately, we have been meeting a lot of new people and hearing a lot of stories. Getting deep and vulnerable with new friends. It's been invigorating, but I must say there was often a moment where people would ask me what my current dreams are... and I didn't have a great answer. Somehow the "pay my bills" dream doesn't really inspire.

Through these conversations, I've felt more and more comfortable sharing my "what if" idea with some folks. I don't know what I expected as a response, but the responses have been an overwhelming and resounding YES!

So, while I don't share the deepest depths of my dreams publicly on a blog, I do share to say this - if you feel a spark, an idea, a thought... share it with people. Talk it out. The more you ruminate on things outside of your own head and with people who have differing views, often it will bring clarity you never imagined.

So I'm actually starting. Putting my hand to the plow. While nothing may come of it, what if it did?

What are your dreams? Your what ifs? Your convergence of passions? Maybe it's a call to action.



You may say I'm a dreamer
But I'm not the only one

I hope someday you'll join us
And the world will be as one



Comments