Help is on the Way

For the first time EVER, I wanted to use a song in a blog and I can't find it anywhere online...

For those of you that are knowledgeable about late 80's/early 90's Christian music, you might remember Bryan Duncan. He had a song out called Help Is On the Way released in 1987. WayFM used this slogan lots during that time and played this clip and song over and over. Look it up on iTunes and listen to the little clip. It's off the Whistlin' In The Dark album.

I am working on pursuing a Masters in Counseling and so many situations that I come across remind me of why I would want to do that. There are so many hurting people and I want to be trained to say the right things and to be able to listen and to help them turn their eyes to Jesus. To help them BELIEVE that help truly is on the way - and that really... it's already here.

Today, I have this song running through my head as I remember all those that have crossed my path that have shown me how difficult this journey can be for some. Praying that my experiences and my (hopefully soon!) training can help them to turn their eyes on Jesus and to hear His message of love, healing, and HELP.

28 “Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. 29 Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls. 30 For my yoke is easy and my burden is light.” (Matthew 11:28-30, New International Version, ©2011)

Comments

  1. I could not be more proud to be your father. Help is on the way!

    Daddy

    ReplyDelete
  2. You make my heart smile :) I love that you're pursuing this. It's great to see you gaining more equipping and tools for what you're already doing. <3 you, my friend!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment