Baby Mine

Well, we've made it safely into the 2nd trimester!  Praise God!  My office lighting and computer screen were causing a lot of nausea in that 1st trimester.  After about a week and a half, I think I can safely say that it's all gone!  Wahoo!!  That doesn't mean foods sometimes won't make me a little unsettled, but it's not the unending waves of nausea that I had.

I'm barely starting to pop out a little bit.  I've been in maternity pants for a while now, though due to bloating and just not being very comfortable in my regular pants.  Now I'm slowly incorporating some of the maternity tops as well as my belly slowly shows itself.

Next week I go to the doctor for my monthly check up.  I am planning on taking Sarah with me to try and introduce her further to the idea of a sibling.  I try to talk about momma having a baby.  She LOVES looking at the babies in the nursery room at school.  I asked her yesterday if she wanted a baby at home, and she said yes!  I asked if she wanted a baby brother or sister and she said no to both.  HA!  Not sure how that's going to work out for her.

We started potty training a couple weeks ago, and I use the term lightly because we've had little to no success...  Guess we're just going to have to wait a bit.  She has all the signs of being ready, but gets stage fright I think.  She's been very insistent about needing to go to the potty, especially for #2, but when she gets there she starts crying for her diaper.  :(  Poor baby... Really just hoping to have her out of diapers by the time the new little one gets here - really don't want to be buying two sizes!  Yikes!

This morning some of our good friends had their second precious baby and it's just making me dream about what our little guy/gal is going to look like!  Will we have a duplicate of Sarah?  Or a completely different mixture of her daddy and I?  Only time will tell.

Right now, I am heavily wading through names trying to pick out a boy and a girl name before our big gender appointment in August.  I know there's a very, very slim chance that we might find out next week at our appointment depending on if we get an ultrasound or not.  Our doctor loves ultrasounds, which I'm not upset by!  I love seeing the baby grow!!  I have a favorite girl name, but dad isn't 100% on it yet - and neither of us are happy with any of the boy options.  We even polled Facebook, which was hilarious.  Thanks, guys, for your suggestions!  If it's a boy, I guess we'll be forced to pick something out!!

Until next time... Dreaming of my sweet little one.  Yearning to cuddle and breathe in that baby smell.

Ultrasound picture from 6/16/14 - 11 weeks

Comments