Here Comes The Sun

Well, we're all dressed and busting to get out of the hospital.  The NICU currently has 9 babies in there.  I've been told that they normally only have 2-3 babies - so, they're a little busy!  Since Sarah is the most stable out of them all, we're last on the list...  It might be a while before we get out of here.  I'm itching to go home, put her in HER bed and piddle around in her room organizing with her actually there!

Last night was a little longer than I expected.  I knew we'd be up about every 3 hours, but it was about an hour and half between starting the feeding, doing the feeding, pumping, diaper changing, getting her settled back down... and then it was time to go to sleep... for an hour and a half!  I only got about 2-2.5 hours of sleep last night with all the activity.

We had bath lesson at 3 am last night.  With her being so small and her skin is so delicate, she only needs a water bath and only gets a soap bath every 2-3 days or unless she has a major blowout and gets extra dirty.  She got her hair washed and a bow put on for her big day!

We also did her final weigh in and measuring!  She weighed in at 4lbs 8oz as of last night and is now 17 inches long!  She's grown 2 inches in length since birth and has gained 2 full pounds from her lowest recorded weight.

I must say, despite my lack of sleep, I thoroughly enjoyed watching the sun come up with my little girl in my arms.  Watching her face light up in the morning light was something I don't think I'll ever forget.

Hopefully we'll get out of here by lunchtime, but I'm not expecting it.  We'll definitely keep you updated as we continue our journey at home!



Comments