The Gift

Sarah had a good day yesterday and last night. She weighed in at 3lbs even again. Feedings are holding steady. The nurse tried taking her oxygen tube out for a bit this morning because she keeps pulling it off and her little nose has a scab on it from where its rubbing between her nostrils.  Unfortunately her oxygen level kept dipping just below where they want to see it so they have to keep it on for now. Its a little problematic because they switched her feeding tube to being through her nose instead of her mouth, so all those little tubes don't really fit into her tiny nostril.

I'm having another rough day today. I'm just so tired of being in the NICU.  I'm tired of seeing my little girl all covered in wires and tubes.

On a positive note, I want to brag on my company, Nashville Ballet for a minute. I am so blessed to be working with a wonderful group of caring individuals who have gone above and beyond to be flexible with me in this season of unknown and transition. Such a GREAT group of people that I'm honored to be affiliated with. I cannot wait to get back and see them again soon, hopefully.

While I stress and have my moments of uncertainly, we have been showered with lots of food and gifts this week. We are so thankful for the gifts and caring people behind them.


Comments