Humble Me

Sarah has seriously been growing!  Yesterday she was 3lbs 3oz, and today she's up to.... 3lbs 6oz!  That's our biggest gain yet to date!  She's been doing incredibly well with all her levels and such.  The doctors are even considering trying a bottle with her soon.  They have all warned me that trying to drink from a bottle for the first time is incredibly difficult, not only in the "suck, swallow, and breathe" rhythm, but also in just the amount of energy it takes to do all that.  She has virtually not been exerting any energy except to grow, digest food, and to occasionally wiggle around.

They compare her starting the bottle to you or I going out and trying to run a marathon cold-turkey.  So with that warning, they tell me she will likely only start out at once a day trying the bottle and will likely sleep the entire rest of the day.  This whole moving to a bottle portion of her hospital stay has definitely been the most intimidating part of everything for me.  Part of me is so anxious to get there and the other part of me is so afraid she's not going to take to it well!  I am hoping and praying she takes to it well and doesn't wear herself out too badly.

As for me, I've officially hit the point of not knowing who I have and who I haven't sent thank you notes to...  I sit down and find myself saying.... I feel like I've already sent this one, but I'm not positive.  Some folks may be getting some pretty funny thank you notes and/or duplicate thank you notes.  I really want to make sure everyone gets properly thanked!  The gifts, meals, gift cards, checks and cash have all been just so overwhelming.  We appreciate it all more than you will ever know.  It's all so humbling.



Comments