King of the World

I hate that I haven't updated in a couple days!  Our tablet was having trouble with the Blogger app, and after a few failed attempts, I didn't have the patience to type it all out AGAIN on the computer.

Father's Day was a good day.  Jim spend the afternoon with Sarah, holding her and just being with her.  Jim's parents were down for the afternoon as well, so they rotated in to see her and spend time with us.

Saturday night we stopped in the local Christian bookstore and picked up a couple books for us to read Sarah while she's still in the hospital.  One is a book of Bible stories, and the other is a book called "Dance Me, Daddy".  I have fallen in love with it!  It was written by Cindy Morgan, and based on a song that she wrote that Point of Grace sings.  I thought it was perfect for Jim's first Father's Day.  Today's song is the song the book is based on.

Yesterday was a bit of a rough day for me emotionally.  I am sure the nurses must think I'm a crazy person.  I couldn't stop crying during my time at the hospital yesterday afternoon.  Everything seemed to make it worse.  Hoping the next few days are better!  I also started working from home yesterday, which has been a great blessing to be able to do.  I'm starting out slow, working in chunks of a couple hours here and there.

Sarah seems to be doing well.  We really haven't had much change over the last few days.  As of yesterday she was holding steady at 3lbs 2oz, which was what she was the day before as well.  They keep trying to wean her oxygen slightly and she just isn't having it.  She's barely getting any oxygen from her tube, but for whatever reason, when they take it off, her levels dip just slightly too low.  She hates the tube in her nose, and it makes me really frustrated that she can't get rid of it yet.  They backed off her feedings to 27mls, but they have added a fortifier to her milk so that it's more like a "milkshake" as they describe.  It adds lots of extra proteins and other good things that she needs to fatten up.  Hopefully it will help her to gain weight a little faster.  They still haven't indicated trying to bottle feed just yet.  It should be in the next week or so that they start trying that.

6-17-12: Jim and Sarah holding hands on Father's Day.

6-18-12: Without her feeding tube in - she pulled it out!  

Comments