Healing Rain

Well, well... It's officially been 4 weeks since little Sarah joined the world.  (Well I guess it will officially be 4 weeks at 11:53 pm tonight.)  Hard to believe that we're already 4 weeks into this NICU journey.  In some ways it has literally flown by and in other ways I feel like it's been FOREVER.  The nurses all joke that they're going to put me on the payroll since we've made ourselves at home so much.  Moving chairs around, able to know what beeps mean what, know all the right buttons to push...  We're getting to be pros.  Maybe I have a calling...  Then again... Probably not.

Sarah is doing well!  We're excited that as of yesterday she was 3lbs 12oz!  That's up a full pound from her birth weight.  The nurse thought it might be another "fluke", but today she gained some more grams and is holding steady at the 3lbs 12oz weight!  We had another nursing session today, but I don't know exactly how much she ate.  According to the scale she ate 34 mls, but she was pretty much asleep the whole time and didn't suck very much.  Sooo.... we're pretty sure the scale was just acting funny or that her starting weight wasn't accurate on it.  Either way, she did alright.  I'm anxious for her to start eating full meals at her feeds.

In other news, the doctor called and said that the infection in my wound is actually a strain of MRSA, so I am now on much heavier antibiotic.  I was concerned that they wouldn't let me see Sarah and that she wouldn't be able to eat the breast milk.  That has all been OK'd and that it shouldn't be a concern based on the location and that I'm being treated for it.  They also thought we might need to wear special gowns and gloves for a while with her just to make sure she's protected, but we got the OK from infection control that we don't have to take those precautions.  It's already starting to look better with only a couple treatments of the antibiotic, so I'm really hoping it clears up soon.  Please be praying with us that it it just a minor step back and that it doesn't progress any further than it already has.

I also enjoyed spending a few hours in the office this morning.  I love seeing people and talking about work related things.  I'm excited about the possibilities that are coming up and that I get to take part in.  Right now I'm equipped with lots of projects to work on at home as I continue to heal and as I'm spending time at the hospital.  I cannot reiterate how thankful I am to be working for such a wonderful company and a wonderful group of people.  They even showered Sarah with some love today!  So, so thankful and blessed!

6-26-12: Getting ready for lunch!

Comments