More Time

I'm wearing REAL PANTS today!  This is my excitement of the morning.  I've been wearing yoga pants as not to intrude on my incision site, but after 24 hours without a single pain killer, I decided I should try real pants.  And the FIT.  I'm not talking maternity pants here.  Normal, every day, non-pregnant Amanda pants.  2 weeks ago I peaked at my highest weight and largest size and most swollen state.  29 pounds less later, and less than 2 weeks later - I don't give off the slightest hint of being pregnant or having a newborn at all.  It's all kind of surreal.  I'm actually weighing in a couple pounds less than my pre-baby weight.  It's amazing how much of that was water weight gained right at the end - which should have triggered me to worry...  but as everyone said... "It's your last trimester, you're supposed to start blowing up about now!"  Now I know that wasn't exactly accurate.

I've been calling this morning to get last nights update about Sarah, but I keep missing her nurse.  Either she's with another patient or on break.  So I don't have her weight update for you today yet.  I'm really hoping she's 3 lbs today.

They did move her last night to a new nursery room at Centennial.  It's a step down nursery from where she was.  She's so stable and healthy, they needed the bed in the area she was previously in.  Yesterday they had an influx of sick babies come in - most of which seemed to be at full term.  It made me really sad seeing all the sick babies and the doctors running around frantic trying to staballize them.  Definitely gave me a reason to say thanks when you realized how stable and healthy and strong she was in comparison.

Though I will say it made it even harder to leave her there... If she's not sick, why does she have to be there??  Simple answer, is that she really just can't eat on her own yet.  It's her last hurdle.  Learning the bottle.  The nurse yesterday put a taste of the milk on her pacifier and let her try it - Mmmm.... Calmed her right down and she started sucking furiously on the paci.  She liked that a lot.  I'm really hoping they start teaching her the bottle soon.  I have no idea if the nurses are telling the doctors that she's responding that way though.  I'm going to ask them about it today.  I really feel like she might be ready or about ready for that next step.




Comments

  1. CONGRATS on your amazing journey (Sarah and REAL PANTS)!!! :-) Sarah is absolutely stunning. I am wishing you and your family all the best. I know the daily struggles of NICU life. I am sending positive vibes, thoughts, and prayers your way!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment