Hungry

Well yesterday was a good day.  Nothing too exciting happened.  Sarah was holding steady at 3lbs 6oz.  Staying the same on feeding amount and on oxygen level.  No major developments there.

Today has been an extra good day though... We are up to 3lbs 10oz today!  Hurray!  She is apparently really liking the milkshakes they are giving her.  And in other exciting news, they are going to start trying to get her to eat on her own today. They are wanting to start with breastfeeding instead of a bottle, which I was a little surprised by, but I'm certainly not complaining.  We'll do that today at the 5:30pm feeding, so hopefully it goes well!!  I know that babies don't always pick it up right away, especially with her being so little, so I'm not too optimistic.  Who knows though.  She might take right to it.

I also had a doctor's check up today.  My incision looks like it might have a slight infection so I've started some antibiotics to help it heal properly.  Other than that, I'm looking good!  I go back in 2 weeks for another final checkup.

6-22-12: Sleeping peacefully!

Finally got her letters hung up in her room yesterday!


Comments