Healing Is In Your Hands

Today seemed to be much better than yesterday.  I think my hormones got the best of me yesterday.

Sarah is holding steady right now at 3 pounds.  Seems we've hit a bit of a plateau with her weight.  She's increased her feedings up to 28 mls, so surely she'll be growing soon!  She had to have her oxygen turned up a little again today, so we're hoping that goes back down soon; she's back up to 30-40% and 1 liter.  (She had been down as low as 20% and .5 liters)

I got to hold her for about an hour and a half today, change a couple - yes a COUPLE - dirty diapers within that time frame as well, and most importantly introduce her to her Great Grandma Becht.  She was also happy to see her Grandpa and Grandma Becht again (that sounds weird in relation to my parents!!).  She certainly doesn't have a shortage of people who love her!

Another exciting thing to note is the wonderful staff at my mom's office threw a little baby shower for us yesterday.  They brought all the gifts down for us today to open and were showered with lots of love from them!  Lots of amazing clothes, a few necessities - like diapers, and even our stroller!

I can't reiterate enough how overwhelmed with gratitude we are for everyone that's been helping us through this time...

For our picture today, I'm going to highlight a seemingly forgotten member of our family, Abby.  She's had a rough time with all the transition going on around her, but she's been a good sport through it all.  She's testing out the safety of our new stroller!


Comments